1. The highest accepted bidder shall be the purchaser. If any dispute should arise between bidders or any mistake is made the lot may be put up again. The auctioneer is the final arbiter
2. The advance in the bidding will be regulated by the auctioneer who reserves the right to refuse any bidding, or to bid on behalf of the vendor on any lots upon which there is a reserve, or to withdraw, consolidate or divide any lot before or during the sale
3. No lots may be removed until the purchaser’s account is paid in full. The buyer shall not become the owner or any lot and the auctioneer shall have a lien thereon until the purchaser’s account is paid, but after the fall of the hammer the risk of damage or loss shall nevertheless be the buyer’s
4. All lots must be paid for and removed by Thursday 6pm. Purchasers who do not pay and collect by this time may have their bids refused in future sales
5. Payment can be made by cash, debit card or bank transfer. Customer not present card payments will be limited to £500. Credit cards are not accepted. Any single transaction above £8,000 will require a copy of proof of ID
6. A buyer’s premium of 16% plus VAT is charged on the hammer price.
7. Online Bidding
We offer an online bidding service on our website or via easyLiveAuction.com for bidders who cannot attend the sale. In completing the bidder registration on www.easyliveauction.com and providing your card details and unless alternative arrangements are made with Warren & Wignall Ltd:
a: authorise Warren & Wignall Ltd, if they so wish, to charge the card given in part or full payment, including all fees, for items successfully purchased in the auction via easyLiveAuction.
b: Confirm that you are authorised to provide these card details to Warren & Wignall Ltd through and agree that Warren & Wignall Ltd are entitled to ship the goods to the card holder name and address provided in fulfilment of the sale.
Please note that any lots purchased online via our website or easyLiveAuction will be subject to an additional 3% commission charge plus VAT at the rate imposed on the hammer price.
8. Shipping of items under 2KG when packed may be arranged in house. For all other items please contact Mailboxes on 01772 256700, firstname.lastname@example.org
or: Pack & Send on 01613935740, email@example.com
9 In the event of loss or damage to items posted it is the purchaser’s responsibility to make any claim from the insurance made on their behalf.
10. Any damage caused by removal of goods must be made good by the person comitting the same. Principles being considered responsible for the acts of their servants.
11. The auctioneer undertakes that care has been taken to see that catalogue descriptions and condition reports are accurate, but these must be taken as matters of opinion only and shall not be taken as statements of fact. Buyers must make their own judgement as to the nature, authenticity or condition of any lot. The auctioneers do not give any warranty as to the title of the lots sold and will not be liable for any defect in such title.
12. Any items remaining unpaid for may be resold and any deficiency made good by the defaulter.