We hold regular valuation days at venues across the North West and at our premises in Leyland. Please check the calendar for all upcoming events. To book at appointment to see jewellery specialist and general valuer James Warren FGA please phone the office on 01772 369884
Selling At Auction
We accept items brought down to the saleroom on a Monday 9am to 4pm (by appointment only, please ring 01772 369884). We have good unloading facilities and car parking. We always have friendly and efficient staff on hand to give you assistance and book your items in.
If you would like a free pre-sale valuation of items you may wish to sell, please ring to make an appointment to see James Warren FGA on arrival. Alternatively you can email us or show us digital images beforehand. A reserve may be placed on your items if they are of particular value.
We can arrange to collect anything from single items of furniture to entire house contents using our reliable carrier and house clearance experts (there will be a charge for this service).
We are members of the RICS (Royal Institute of Chartered Surveyors) and comply with their rules on professional conduct and handling of clients’ money. Proceeds from the sale of your items are held in a dedicated clients’ account and insured under the RICS money protection scheme.
We sell items for private and professional vendors throughout Lancashire and the North West, we cover Leyland, Preston, Chorley, Blackburn, West Lancas, Ormskirk, Burscough, Southport, Formby, Crosby, Liverpool, Manchester, Bolton, St Helens, Warrington, Cheshire, Greater Manchester, East Lancs, Clitheroe, Skipton, Ribble Valley, Longridge, Flyde, Lytham St Annes, Blackpool, Cleveleys, Poulton Le Flyde, Kendal, Cumbria and the Lake District.
We hold regular auctions of general house furnishings and contents, as well as regular specialist sales of antique furniture, paintings, ceramics, glassware, gold, silver, jewellery, watches and collectors items including postcards, coins, toys and memorabilia. In particular the market for luxury goods is extremely strong. Watch manufacturers such as Rolex, Omega, Longines, Seiko, IWC, Jaeger-LeCoultre etc. are seeing great auction results. As too, jewellery manufacturers such as Cartier, Van Cleef & Arpels, Tiffany, Boodles (Boodle & Dunthorne), Graff etc. Antique jewellery is also popular at auction, Georgian and Victorian, mourning jewellery, serpentine, Etruscan revival, Scottish, Art Nouveau and Arts and Crafts styles etc. Coloured gemstones are seeing an increase in demand, varieties including fancy diamonds, emerald, sapphire, ruby, aquamarine, topaz, spinel, chrysoberyl, tanzanite, opal, iolite to name but a few. Naturals such as pearl varieties South Sea pearls, Tahitian pearls and Akoya, jet, amber, coral are all seeing good auction house results.
Conditions of acceptance of goods for auction:
- Goods will be entered in the appropriate auction as decided by the auctioneers. The proceeds of sale can be collected from eight days after each sale on a Thursday or Friday otherwise cheques will be sent within four weeks of the sale. There may be a delay in payment if items are not paid for by the buyer
25% on items under £40, 20% on items £40-£100, 15% on items over £100 (all plus VAT).
Minimum charge £5 per lot.
Goods collected by our carrier will be subject to a carrier charge.
- The Seller warrants to the auctioneers and to the buyer that he is the true owner of the goods or is properly authorised to sell the goods by the true owner and is able to transfer good title to the goods free from any third party claims. The Seller indemnifies the auctioneer and the buyer against any loss or damage suffered by either in consequence of any breach of this condition by the seller.
- All goods are put up for sale without reserve unless written instructions are agreed. Reserves will be adhered to within 10% auctioneers discretion. Unless otherwise agreed any goods failing to reach their reserve may be re-offered in a subsequent auction at the auctioneers discretion.
- Items withdrawn by a vendor prior to a sale may be subject to a fee of 25% of the expected selling price or reserve
- An electrical testing fee of £4 per item plus VAT may be charged
- The seller warrants all electrical and mechanical goods, unless otherwise agreed with the auctioneers, to be in working order or reasonably fit for their intended use. In the case of goods discovered after the sale not to conform to the above warranty, the auctioneers reserves the right to withhold payment to the seller and to resell or dispose of the goods subsequently without notification of the same to the seller.
- The auctioneers reserve the right to re-offer for sale on behalf of the seller any goods for which payment is not received through default of the buyer.
- The auctioneers reserves the right to re-offer, re-cycle or dispose of any items that fail to sell. Any items of an unsaleable nature may be disposed of before an auction. A charge for disposal may be made.
- The seller hereby agrees to forfeit any interest that may be earned on proceeds of sale.
- Items consigned are insured under our policy with RSA/XL Insurance Co. Ltd and we are responsible to you for damage or loss according to the terms of this insurance (available on request). We agree that the amount insured is the expected or realised auction sale price or agreed reserve net of charges, not exceeding the current market value.
Clients money is held in the following account:
Lloyds Bank, Fishergate, Preston: Account Number 43853360
This firm operates a R.I.C.S. approved complaints handling policy
Regulated by the R.I.C.S.